Here we go again, it seems like Nether Realm Studios can’t catch a break when it comes to keeping anything about the most recent Mortal Kombat game. MK 11 isn’t even out yet and the entire roster leaked before half of them were even announced and now it seems like all of the DLC is being leaked too! Data Miners from Reddit have cracked the Nintendo Switch version of the notorious fighting game and managed to find probably the only secrets this game had left including supposedly all of the DLC Kombatants and the possibility of even more.
This is just a reminder that every leak should be taken with a grain of salt until confirmed by the developers, so now that we’re reminded we can move on to the actual leaks.
[SPOILER WARNING IF YOU CONTINUE YOU WILL SPOIL THE DLC OF MK 11 FOR YOURSELF]
The Image below shows what appear to be all nine DLC Kharacters
From Top to Bottom they read
- Shang Tsung – Classic (or I should say Klassic) MK fighter last playable in Mortal Kombat (2011) (which will simply be called MK 9 from here on out) he had already been announced so this was no surprise and actually gives some legitimacy to this “leak”
- Joker – Presumably THE Joker from the DC universe which is not totally unlikely considering the character’s history with the studio
- Nightwolf – Another blast from the MK past that was also last playable in MK 9
- Terminator – Arnold Schwarzeneggers original claim to fame and a much-requested guest fighter in recent years
- Sindel – Starting to see a pattern much? Another returning MK 9 Kharacter the former Queen of Edenia that pretty much wiped the floor with half of the Kast of MK 9 could be back to wreck shop……. again
- Spawn – Another possible guest fighter and probably the most requested one at that, the AntiHero from Hell has been the subject of a number of polls of potential guests and now he might just be getting his chance
- Ash – We’re going to assume this means Ash Williams from the Evil Dead and the Ash Vs. The Evil Dead franchises but it definitely would be entertaining to see Ash Ketchum from Pokemon try to catch Baraka in a Pokeball
- Fujin – Now this one is definitely interesting, although this Defender of Earthrealm was an NPC in MK X and had a bit of screen time the last time he was a playable Kharacter was in Mortal Kombat: Armageddon so it would be interesting to see him transition to the 2D that the series has gone back to
- Sheeva – Rounding off the list is another MK 9 Kombatant the female, four-armed Shokan is back again to knock some head together, or more likely shatter them together
Now some of the picks here are pretty expected what really throws off the average fan is some of the more out there picks like Fujin, Nightwolf, and Sheeva which aren’t necessarily the average fans first picks for DLC, not that they are bad per se but simply unexpected. Not to mention the fact that they are already planning a Game Of The Year edition of the game as well, now that is confidence. What is also very interesting though is another users data mine that reveals some new information that many are overlooking.
This is the image in question
Basically, what this image shows is that there will be at least three “Fighter Packs” which more than likely means that the three packs will each contain three fighters much like the previous entry in the franchise Mortal Kombat X with the final ninth fighter still remaining a mystery. Wheres the fun in just stating the obvious though so let’s add a little speculation, the devs have said that they want to support this game much longer than their other games. Based on that we could speculate that maybe, and remember this is just fun speculation, this entire leak is only for the first round of DLC and the second and third Fighter Packs will also bundle eight kharacters which in total would make a whopping 24 DLC fighters which for any game would be quite a bit but for a fighting game would be absolutely astronomical.
So that is the essentials of what has been leaked. Are you glad that these got leaked? Or are you tired of people spoiling all the fun? Let us know what you think!