Rainbow Six Siege touts an impressive 48 operator roster. Consequently, players can easily feel overwhelmed by all of the options at their disposals. But, this tier list is an easy answer for those of you having trouble picking an operator to play.
This tier list breaks down which operators are currently popular and effective in the meta, and it shows which operators are currently falling out of favor with the player base. Consequently, you can use this tier list to determine which operators you should be on the lookout for and which ones you should leave in the proverbial dust.
For a detailed explanation of each tier within this list, check out the information provided below.
Tier List Descriptions
- Tier S — These operators are getting impressive results for players right now. You will want at least one of these battle-hardened characters in your team composition at all times.
- Tier A — These operators are strong. While not as impressive as their S Tier brethren, these operators will still provide you a slight edge in combat.
- Tier B — These operators are average. Consistent and dependable, you can’t go wrong choosing any of these operators.
- Tier C — These operators are not bad. These characters require a little more skill and strategy to fully utilize. Consequently, some of the higher tiered operators often get more attention in the field.
- Tier D — These operators are not ideal. While situationally useful, these operators are considered the least effective among the roster.
Rainbow Six Siege is a well-balanced game. Consequently, you will be able to find success and have fun playing with operators from S Tier all the way down to D Tier.
If a character you enjoy is not listed in one of the top tiers, don’t fret. The meta is constantly changing as players continue to find new tactics for each operator. Beyond that, this game receives a hefty number of buffing/nerfing updates that often change the meta significantly.
As a result, you should focus your time playing whichever operators bring you the most joy. That being said, this tier list can be a great way to narrow down which operators you should focus your time with if you are currently unsure where to start. Here’s a quick look at how the Rainbow Six Siege meta is stacking up so far.
This tier list was last updated to reflect changes made during Patch Y4S2.2.