Madden NFL 20 is here and it is offering an expansive game of simulation football. That being said, this Madden title is just as challenging to master as its many predecessors. Check out the tips provided below if you want to improve your game.
How to Scout in Madden NFL 20
Scouting is an important part of the Madden NFL 20 experience. If you want to make the most of it, you are going to want to follow these quick tips.
- Pay attention to discounted players. Most of the time, players cost either 15, 10 or 5 points. That being said, random players will be discounted at 11, 7 and 3 points. Make sure to take advantage of these deals if you want to fully utilize your roster.
- Purchase the Expert Scouting Coach Package. Normally, you earn 175 experience per week when playing as a coach. That being said, you can boost your weekly XP gain to 200 by purchasing the Expert Scouting Coach Package. To buy it, make your way over to the team tab. Then, head to My Coach and finally Spend Coach XP. From there, you can purchase the package.
- Take advantage of the draft board. Keeping up with all of your drafts can be a pain. Utilize the draft board to minimize this problem. To use the draft board, press triangle (Y) whenever you find a player worth drafting. The player will be marked with a star. This symbolizes that your player is now on the draft board. From the sorting tabs, you can then make your way over to the draft board to find all of your drafted players.
How to Run the Ball in Madden NFL 20
If you want to score touchdowns, you are going to have to learn how to properly run the ball. Check out these tips to improve your run game.
- If you are new to the game, stay away from the left trigger button for now. Within Madden NFL 20, you can perform modified techniques to evade your attackers. That being said, these techniques are not always your best option. The left trigger button is mostly used for finesse, but it is generally only well utilized by deeply experienced players. Learning how to use the left trigger will take time. Be patient and start with the basics.
- Don’t sprint too much. It is a common mistake for Madden players to continually hold the sprint button. However, you should be frugal with your sprint meter. Sprinting can easily gas out your character, leaving them slow and fatigued. Rather, hold onto your sprint until you need to evade your final attacker. Or, use the sprint feature once you have finally broken free from the defense.
- Cover the ball sparingly. You can cover the ball by pressing R1 (RB), which will make it far more difficult for your attacker to strip the ball from your grip. That being said, anyone attempting to tackle you will have a much better chance of doing so. Even if they fail to take you down, you will be much slower while covering the ball. Only cover the ball when you are facing a hungry defensive line or a hoard of linebackers. For one on one collisions, it is generally detrimental to cover the ball.
How to Get Better at Ultimate Team in Madden NFL 20
The most popular mode within the Madden franchise, Ultimate Team is a longtime gaming tradition. That being said, you are going to want to follow these tips if you want to top the leaderboards.
- Hold off on those player cards. Coins are a precious commodity in Ultimate Team mode. The last thing you want to do is throw them all away. To that end, be patient when it comes to purchasing player cards. These cards will often drop in value as the season continues, making them better purchases in the longrun.
- Master your defensive linebackers. When playing Ultimate Team, online play can be rough. After all, real players are far less predictable than NPCs. The best way to shut down your opponent’s offense is to master controlling your defensive linebackers. By doing this, you can have better control of passing lanes and any runningbacks that are thinking of squeezing into a pocket.
- Ratings are not everything. When purchasing a player from the auction house, it may be difficult at first to not simply buy the highest ranked players. That being said, you are going to want to resist this temptation. Generally speaking, high ranked players will be better than players ranked far below them. That being said, some lower ranked players are better for specific roles. When choosing your players, pay attention to the details. The traits granted by each player card is just as meaningful as the player card rating itself.