League of Legends boasts an enormous roster of 145 champions. Beyond that, it’s a full-time job keeping up with the game’s ever expanding meta of updates and changes. As a result, knowing which characters you should dump all of your time and effort into can sometimes seem like an impossible task. Of course, not all is lost.
Below is a tier list dedicated to illustrating which champions are absolutely crushing it in the current meta and which ones are being left in the proverbial dust. You shouldn’t have to study and research into a game’s meta during your precious free time. Check out our tier list down below so you can skip the hard work and get straight into the game you love to play.
Tier List Descriptions
- Tier S+ — These champions have garnered the highest win rates among the roster. Highly popular picks and highly popular bans, these are the champions every player is fighting over.
- Tier S — Just short of being the top champions within the game, these characters are still highly popular and highly powerful picks.
- Tier A+ — These champions are powerful. Boasting high win rates and popular pick ratings, these champions will likely give you a slight edge on the battlefield.
- Tier A — A little above average, these champions are common and effective picks.
- Tier B+ — These champions are average. Responsible for middling win rates, these champions are still quite popular picks. That being said, they will not be banned quite as often as some of their counterparts.
- Tier B — These champions offer middling statistics after hours and hours of play. That being said, they can still be quite effective when used by the right player.
- Tier C+ — These champions are complex. While these champions do not boast as high of win or pick rates as most of the roster, these champions are still situationally quite powerful. These champions still often require more skill and strategy to fully utilize than many other characters, however.
- Tier C — These champions can be rather difficult to master, but can be useful if utilized under the right circumstances.
- Tier D+ — Just above the rank of the least popular picks, these champions are generally unfavored but may still serve a purpose at some point in the modern meta.
- Tier D — These champions are considered the weakest within the roster. Still not hopeless, these champions can still be quite a bit of fun to play and can earn you a victory if used properly. That being said, these champions hold some of the lowest win rates within the game.
All of the champions within League of Legends are viable. If a character you truly enjoy playing is not at the top of the tier list, don’t be afraid to keep playing them.
The meta is constantly changing, so your favorite champion may end up at the top of the list one day. Beyond that, the meta shifts as players find new and unexpected ways to play lower tier characters following buffs, nerfs and general patch alterations. Consequently, playing a low tier champion is not necessarily a bad idea. You may just be one of those originators.
With that out of the way, let’s talk about this tier list.
This tier list focuses on players of Gold IV and above. After all, the largest chunk of League of Legends players right now are sitting atop Gold IV. That being said, the tier list still incorporates data concerning Platinum IV players and above.
Consequently, Silver 1 players and below can still use this list to gauge how more experienced players are utilizing the roster. Meanwhile, the list is still a great measure of the current meta for Platinum players and above. It’s just that you are sitting perfectly within the “goldilocks zone” of this tier list if you are a Gold player.
- Nunu & Willump
- Jarvin IV
- Master Yi
- Tahm Kench
- Xin Zhao
- Miss Fortune
- Dr. Mundo
- Twisted Fate
- Lee Sin
- Aurelion Sol