Age of Wonders: Planetfall is the latest 4x strategy game to hit store shelves. With all of the challenges you are going to face playing this game, you are going to want to pay attention to these quick tips.
When it comes to Age of Wonders: Planetfall, there are three important pillars of success. You must keep everyone happy, you must always be developing new technologies and you must expand your empire. Check out these tips to learn how you can improve your empire based on these three pillars.
- Start improving your happiness early. Your happiness ratings will begin to plummet immediately. Luckily, there are ways to remedy this situation. You will need to build a Recreational Dome, Virtual Entertainment Plaza or a Botanical Garden in order to make your people happy. Keeping your happiness rating up is paramount if you want to succeed.
- Never forget the advantage provided by flanking your enemies. Once the game identifies that you are either attacking your opponent from their side or from behind, you will receive a significant boost to both your accuracy and your damage output.
- Keep your home base protected. It may seem like an obvious point to make, but it is still an important one. Early in the game, you are going to be tempted to aggressively expand your empire. However, you should do so with caution. The AI will take advantage if you overextend your reach. As soon as you send your home defenders out on scouting missions, your enemies will be at your doorstep. Always leave your bases protected.
- Keep the NPC factions happy. There are certain factions within this game that are not out for world domination. Rather they are available to sell you some pretty useful resources. You can boost your influence with them by providing tributes and completing quests for these factions, which will ultimately allow you to use your influence to purchase some seriously powerful units.
- Make use of the Instant Completion option. Whenever you begin construction on a new structure or begin researching a new subject, you will have the option to purchase an Instant Completion. By spending energy, you can have the structure completed immediately or your research concluded instantly. As technological development and territorial expansion are paramount to success in this game, you will want to take advantage of the Instant Completion option so that you can pick up the pace of development.
- You need to scout ASAP. Scouting for resources is paramount for success. As soon as you can, you need to send out a single highly mobile scouting unit to search for resources.
- Annex sectors to increase your resource development. Each sector will provide different resources, some more beneficial than others. That being said, it is often worthwhile to annex every sector you find so that you can build up your stores of various resources.
- Divide and conquer by making allies. It is paramount that you make alliances early on within the game. It can be tasking to keep relationships, as the AI is often fickle. That being said, having an ally creates one less enemy for you to face.