Image credit to nintendo.co.uk
It is important to note that Arena of Valor is quite different on Nintendo Switch. The game features far fewer characters than the mobile version. Beyond that, the game is a few balance patches behind that of the mobile version. Consequently, the tier list for Arena of Valor on Switch will likely have more in common with older mobile tier lists than the current mobile game meta. Before you start working to increase your win rate in this exciting game, check out our breakdown of the tiers down below.
Tier List Descriptions
- Tier S — These heroes are incredibly popular picks in the current meta. Beyond that, these heroes are generally considered to be incredibly powerful.
- Tier A — While not quite as popular or as powerful as S ranking heroes, these heroes are still common picks and have great skillsets for players to take advantage of.
- Tier B — These heroes are average. Common picks in the current meta and equipped with competent skillsets, you can’t really go wrong with these characters.
- Tier C — These heroes are less popular picks in the current meta. Beyond that, they are each considered to have skill sets that require greater skill to properly utilize. These are not bad heroes, but simply ones that require more skill to use.
- Tier D — These heroes are the least popular in the current meta and are considered to only be useful situationally.
Arena of Valor has been garnering some serious attention on the Nintendo Switch since the title’s release. With that in mind, many MOBA players are still looking to get in on the combat filled fun. If you are new to Arena of Valor and need some direction or you are a regular just looking for another strategic edge, look no further. We have a tier guide dedicated to showcasing which Arena of Valor heroes will lead you to victory.
- Lu Bu
Arena of Valor was first released across a series of countries over mobile back in 2016. However, the title was not released on the Nintendo Switch until September 25, 2018. Since then, the game has been seeing a growing fanbase of dedicated players. Like many other multiplayer online battle arena games, Arena of Valor features support characters, marksmen, mages, tanks, assassins and warriors.
While many of the game’s characters are well suited for fun and exciting gameplay, not all of the title’s heroes are equally capable of helping you bring your team to victory. Consequently, the tier list above is a great guide to determine which characters might be most effective for you
That being said, make sure to try all of the characters before deciding on a specific hero to focus your efforts on. Top tier heroes can be quite effective, but every player is different. A hero ranked in the B or even the C tier may just be S tier worthy under your control.